Cooling System – Flush & Pressure Test
A radiator flush at Tveten’s Auto Clinic in Lakewood provides a number of benefits to your vehicle’s cooling system. This procedure should be performed once a year or per your owner’s manual’s recommendations.
There is a significant difference between a flush and a simple draining of the radiator, draining the radiator only removes about 50% of the total anti-freeze in the system and leaves the majority of contaminants that have built up. It also means that the new anti-freeze will be mixing with the old.
The benefits of having your radiator flushed are:
- Removes Rust and Scale Deposit – Over time rust and scale deposits build up within the radiator. A flush helps to remove these deposits, which get pushed out with the old anti-freeze. This is important since these build ups can cause overheating or even damage your radiator.
- Lubricate the Water Pump – The additives in the coolant lubricate the vehicles water pump. This will lengthen the life of the water pump.
- Removes Contaminants – A flush completely drains the system of the old anti-freeze which means that any contaminants that have made their way into the system will be flushed out as well. The additives in the coolant can lose important anti-corrosive properties over time, which leads to the build up of particles. A radiator flush will remove these particles from the system.
- Inspection of System – Most places will perform a complete inspection of your cooling system when they do a radiator flush. They will use pressure tests to check for leaks in the system. This should be included in the price of the flush and if it isn’t it might be best to go somewhere else.
- Protect Against Rust and Foam- The new anti-freeze will have additives that help prevent rust and build up. It will also prevent foaming in the system, which helps it operate efficiently.
Let the qualified technicians at Tveten’s Auto Clinic in Lakewood get you safely back on the road, call us today at 253-588-5201 for all of your cooling system needs.
Our commitment to our valued customers is to provide the best level of service and repairs that are possible today. Without this kind of commitment to obtain all the current technology to diagnose high-tech vehicles, it is just a guessing game. We believe that a guess is not what you want.
Call us today to schedule an appointment (or use our Real Time Appointment Scheduler) and experience what we can do for you!
We are conveniently open: Mon – Fri 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Click here for map and directions.
Tveten’s Auto Clinic Advantages
• Professional, ASE Certified Technicians
• Over 60 Years of Professional Experience
• Customer Care and Rewards Programs
• Complimentary Local Shuttle Service
• Environmentally Friendly Facilities – 5-Star EnviroStars
• Early Bird / Nite Owl Service – After hours vehicle drop off
• 12 Month / 12,000 Mile Nationwide Warranty
• 24 Month / 24,000 Mile Local In-House Warranty
• Lifetime Protection Plan
• 24-Hour Nationwide Roadside Assistance
• AAA Approved Auto Repair